BCHNM's Northwest and Santa Fe Chapters are sponsoring the 2018 Rendezvous. The event will be held in the San Pedro Wilderness in Rio Arriba County. The 41,132 acre wilderness is part of the Santa Fe National Forest.
The Resumidero campground is a wide-open, fairly level grassy area. An acequia in the middle of campground provides water for livestock, but take care not to contaminate the canal, which irrigates farmland downstream. Bring potable water. Five port-a-potties are scattered through-out the site during the camping season. The Forest Service allows high-lining and portable corrals. The site has one small permanent corral. Trailheads in the campground include Corralitos and Vega Redonda. Close by is the Rio Puerco trailhead.
2018 BCHNM Rendezvous
July 20, 2018 – July 22, 2018
San Pedro Parks Wilderness
Near Coyote, NM
Bring potable water and be prepared to pack out your trash and manure.
- From Santa Fe, drive on Hwy 84/285 north towards Chama.
- At junction in Chili, (not marked) continue on 84 north (do not take 285!)
- Go through the town of Abiquiu and after roughly 5 mi. you will come to Hwy 96.
- Turn left on Hwy 96 and drive for about 20 mi.
- Just after the town of Coyote you will come to a sign that says "Fuelwood Area" and road 172.
- Turn left onto a partially paved road over a cattle guard.
- After the cattle guard, drive 1/2 mi. to a fork.
- At the fork, bear right. A sign indicates Resumidero, road 172, and fuelwood.
- Travel about 4 mi. to a "T" intersection.
- Turn left at the "T" and continue on road 103.
- After another 2 mi. you'll see road 62 entering on your left--but ignore it. Stay on 103 and look for a sign for "Rio Puerco."
- Drive 1/2 mi. to a second fork. Bear right (uphill) at the fork (this is the main road).
- Continue for another 1-1/2 mi. to a third fork and bear right (uphill) onto road 93. (Go slow here--this turn is easy to miss).
- Look for an old sign ("Resumidero") and continue on road 93 for 3 mi. to the campground.