Join a local chapter.
We have chapters in most areas,
representing all of the national forests in New Mexico.
All BCHNM chapters welcome inquires about membership. They also provide opportunities to see what membership all about. Some of the advantages of being a BCH member are:
- Receive the National Back Country Horsemen of America newsletter every three months.
- Speakers at meetings on topics of current interest.
- Keeping informed on issues concerning back country use, legislation, regulations, and all aspects of stock use.
- Being involved in service projects that improve areas used by back country riders and assist agencies in managing public lands.
- Influence laws, regulations, and attitudes regarding our heritage of pack and saddle stock use by interacting with legislators, agencies, and other user groups.
- Participate in scheduled work projects to preserve and protect access, make improvements, learn new skills, and learn trail maintenance.
- Participate in training rides to improve riding skills, train your horse to new sights and sounds, learn about camping with your horse, trailer maintenance, and much more.
- Learn about LEAVE NO TRACE principles and low impact methods.
- Become proficient with cross-cut saws, axes, and packing.
- Meeting new people from every walk of life, all who enjoy the great outdoors with their horses, mules, and donkeys.
For more information on membership in a chapter near you, please visit the map on our home page and click on the chapter closest to you. Contact the chapter president or the contact person listed.
If you don't have a chapter near you, let us help you start one. You may also become a member-at-large of Back Country Horsemen of America.